There’s a ton of fun to be had at Whistler Blackcomb this long weekend. It’s our last days of skiing and riding for the 2022/23 season and the first few of @whistlerbikeprk! On top of this, we’ve also got spring sightseeing on the go. With ongoing construction and accelerated melting, there’s a lot of info to be aware of as a guest. Here’s everything you should know if you’re planning to visit:
𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠
– As of today (May 19), Crystal, 7th Heaven, and Glacier Express are all closed for the season due to accelerated melting.
– No uphill hiking is permitted. Access to Garibaldi is possible via Singing Pass and south route only.
– Skiing and riding conditions this weekend are challenging and recommended for only intermediate to advanced levels.
– Mandatory downloads are now in effect.
– Guests can download from the top of Excalibur (accessible via Zig Zag) at any time.
– Downloading will be available from TOP of Blackcomb Gondola (Rendezvous) from 1-4pm today (May 19) & during all operational hours from May 20-22.
– There is no ski route available to Blackcomb mid station because of melted snow.
– Hours are 10am to 8pm.
– Fitzsimmons will remain closed for the season due to construction. Riders will upload exclusively via Whistler Village Gondola until Creekside opens on June 10.
– Given that Village Gondola will be the only lift servicing Fitz Zone, please anticipate longer than average lineups and plan accordingly.
– Congestion will ease as the bike park terrain expands on June 10, with the openings of Garbanzo and Creek Zones.
– Village Gondola will be able to accommodate four bikes per cabin with riders. There will be a stationary cabin in the Village for riders to practice loading/unloading their bikes.
– While sightseeing access will be available via Blackcomb Gondola and Excal (May 20 – May 22), we recommend uploading this weekend via Blackcomb Gondola in the Upper Village.
– Guests can purchase tickets from the Blackcomb Daylodge Guest Services, also located in the Upper Village.
– There will be no uploading from WVG.