Spring Hours of Operation Update – April 22, 2023
It’s been a snowy start to spring, and we have another weather system that is anticipated to bring more snow through Monday. With this in mind, our lift maintenance team will keep Blackcomb Gondola spinning from 9:30am-11am this Monday, April 24 to ensure we keep things moving through the incoming weather. We have also adjusted our hours of operation to start 30 minutes earlier through to the end of the season (meaning Excalibur Gondola will open at 9:30am 7 days/week and Blackcomb Gondola will open at 9:30am on Sat. & Sun.).
Here’s the updated schedule for quick reference, also available on our website:
- Mon., April 24: 9:30am – 11am
- April 25 – May 22: M-F closed for required maintenance work; Open Sat-Sun 9:30am-4pm
- April 22- May 22: Open 7 days/week, 9:30am-4pm
As always, there are factors that can impact operations, making these hours conditions dependent, and we’ll keep you updated through what is always a dynamic spring season. Please make sure to follow our Mountain Operations team on Twitter for real-time updates (@wbmtnops) and check the hours of operation and lifts & terrain status pages on our website before heading to the resort.
April 17, 2023 – Update
In case you missed it – we’ve switched to Spring Operations here at Whistler Blackcomb. Here’s what you need to know if you’re planning to visit 👇
- Whistler Mountain is now CLOSED for skiing and riding.
- Blackcomb Mountain will remain open for spring skiing and riding as well as sightseeing until May 22. Upload lifts are Excalibur Gondola (weekdays) and Blackcomb Gondola (weekends only + May 22).
- Spring lift hours of operation are 10am to 4pm.
- Base II operations is open 7 days a week.
- Excellerator, Catskinner, Crystal and Jersey Cream will also be in operation. 7th Heaven chair will also be in operation pending weather conditions. Glacier will remain closed for maintenance.
- All information is condition-dependent and subject to change. For real-time operational updates, please visit (twitter) and Instagram Stories.
- Guest Services hours of operations have changed as well – please visit our website for full details.
April 14, 2023
This weekend, we bid adieu to Winter at Whistler Blackcomb and look ahead with major stoke to the Spring and Summer seasons. Below is a list of key target operating dates on the horizon. These dates are condition-dependent and therefore subject to change. Note that, although the last day of skiing and riding on Whistler Mountain is Sunday, April 16, Blackcomb Mountain will remain open for Spring skiing through to May 22. In addition, please be aware that operations will continue to be impacted by the construction for our upgrade to Fitzsimmons Express. We have a plan in place to mitigate the impact of this on the overall guest experience so that you can continue to enjoy our mountains safely. The good news is we’ll have a brand-new, high-speed 8-pack chairlift that will make the uploading experience safer and much more efficient for our bikers next year! We will continue to provide regular updates so that you are always in the know.
Wondering what to do at Whistler Blackcomb as the seasons turn? In the coming weeks, we will be sharing detailed information on the many activities and events that make our mountains the place to be during the Spring and Summer months. So, keep an eye on our social feeds and blog for more. In the meantime, click here for a detailed breakdown of our upcoming hours of operation!
- Spring 2023 Sightseeing + Skiing and Riding on Blackcomb Mountain: April 17-May 22
- Summer 2023 Sightseeing: June 10-September 24*
- Glacier Camps: June 10-July 16
*Please Note: Access to Blackcomb Mountain for Glacier Camps June 10-16, 2023 via the Whistler Village Gondola and The PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola.
- Bike Park 2023: May 19-October 9, 2023
- Summer 2023 Sightseeing: June 10-September 24