Over the last week, warmer temperatures have presented us with a few challenges here in the early season, but our teams have taken advantage of optimal weather conditions as they occur to make snow and expand our terrain offerings and will continue to do so as conditions permit. Of course, weather is dynamic and can always change, so we encourage guests to visit the Lift and Terrain Status page on our website, download the My Epic app, stay close to our Instagram, Facebook pages, and tune in to Mountain FM locally for real-time lift, terrain and trail status updates.
As of today, December 28, the large majority of our lifts are open. We recently opened up 7th Heaven, providing access to Blackcomb’s alpine terrain. The current skiable acreage is sitting at 5,200.
We encourage incoming guests to plan ahead and know before they go. It is always important to be aware of the terrain available, the forecast and the conditions.
- We have many tools and resources to help guests plan their trip, including our website, social media and the My Epic app.
- We also encourage guests to visit Drive BC for information on road conditions, as well as the Resort Municipality Of Whistler (RMOW) website, which is a great source of local information.
- Use them and always bear in mind that conditions on-mountain and in-resort can change.
No matter the weather, there are many ways to enjoy your time in Whistler! Guests can visit our events page, the RMOW website and Tourism Whistler for a long list of fun activities and experience over the holidays and into the new year.
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola Sightseeing, which features our two First Nations-wrapped cabins, part of the Gondola Gallery by Epic Pass, which is a collaboration of artists sharing a love of mountains and their diversity through unique stories and art.
- F&B options on mountain and in the valley, including Raven’s Nest (with an all-new Indigenous menu in partnership with the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre culinary team), Umbrella Bar, Glacier Creek, the Roundhouse, Rendezvous, Merlin’s, Dusty’s and GLC
- Incredible events and experiences, such as the all-new Rockstar DJ Cat (a mobile DJ booth playing great tunes and delighting guests), Fire & Ice kicking off New Year’s Eve in Skier’s Plaza, Vallea Lumina, the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre, the bubly Tube Park and Ziptrek Eco Tours.
Quick note on our New Years Eve Fire & Ice celebrations
Fire and Ice is back! Join us on New Year’s Eve at Skiers Plaza for the first Fire and Ice event of the season. Running from 8:30pm to 9:05pm on December 31st, the show will kick off with cultural and music performances, followed by a NYE Fireworks Display. Please note there will not be a ski or snowboard component in the Fire and Ice show due to current conditions, but rest assured, the event will still be a spectacle of performances and an unforgettable start to the New Year!